Saturday 9 February 2013

5...4...3...2...1... Blast off!


Last Tuesday I went into my daughters nursery class for the morning. I was asked to help the children make rockets using plastic bottles, cardboard boxes and cardboard tubes. My heart did a little jump for joy as I love sticking and making things. The objective was to get them to feel the materials they had for the rockets and talk about how the felt. To start with most of them just used soft or hard but as we got talking we discovered that things could be sharp, prickly, spongy and smooth. Their imaginations are amazing and when they were finished they blasted their rockets off the the moon or their planet (the table to allow them to dry). The picture above is of Ruby's rocket. Unfortunately her milk bottle top windows seemed to go missing. I think it was something to do with re-entering the earth's atmosphere on the way home. I can't wait for next time, 3-4 year olds rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...